CPD-Accredited Tutor Training (QT29)
The CPD-Accredited Tutor Training Seminar is for tutors who want to gain foundations in teaching and learning within a supportive professional development community. It will help tutors to think like an educator, and make a real difference for students.
This 5-week online facilitated course combines self-paced content with live online meet-ups to create the ideal blend for adult learners. We limit the size of each cohort, so that you can benefit from 1:1 support from your facilitator and get to know the other learners in your group.
What you need know:
- Units are released each Wednesday morning, allowing you to access the course material in your own time.
- Live Meet-Ups happen every Monday morning at 10am and Wednesday evening at 7.30pm. Ideally, learners should attend at least one live event per week.
- The CPD-Accredited Tutor Training Seminar takes 2-3 hours/ week for 5 weeks to complete.
- Welcome Week
- Unit 1: Safeguarding for Tutors
- Unit 2: Relationship Matters
- Unit 3: The Learning Loop (a responsive planning tool)
- Unit 4: Barriers for Learning: Special Educational Needs and
- Disabilities and Mental Health
- Post Course Activities
This course is for you if:
- You’re starting out as a tutor
- You’re a tutor looking for a refresher course
- You’re an agency or organisation leader looking for a proven training solution for a large number of tutors.
Note: This course is particularly effective when followed up with tutor-coaching.