Level 3 Qualification for Tutors (QT28/L3)
Our Level 3 Qualification is for ambitious tutors of all subjects and levels of expertise who appreciate the importance of continuous professional development and reflective practice.
This course will allow you to think about the big ideas in education today, and to engage in a professional dialogue with like-minded people.
This qualification is the Level 3 in Education and Training, internationally accredited by Ofqual. Completion will provide you with our QT Quality Mark, which will help to set yourself apart as a qualified tutor.
This 8-week online facilitated course combines self-paced content with live online meet-ups to create the ideal blend for adult learners. We limit the size of each cohort, so that you can benefit from 1:1 support from your facilitator and get to know the other learners in your group. This learning environment simultaneously enables new tutors and encourages more experienced tutors to grow. Learners are encouraged to share their personal expertise to benefit the rest of the group.
We cover the foundational principles of teaching and learning. Topics include the roles and responsibilities involved in teaching and learning and best evidence-informed practice, with a particular focus on inclusion, assessment and feedback. Our resources are beautifully-produced, with powerful conceptual models and plenty of practical strategies and further reading to encourage you to delve deeply.
Our assessments are both meaningful and manageable – allowing you to show what you know and continually reflect on your next professional steps.
What you need to know:
- Units are released each Wednesday morning (BST) for you to work through at your own pace.
- Live Meet-Ups happen on Mondays at 10am and Thursdays at 7.30pm (BST). Ideally, you should aim to attend at least one of these each week. If this is not possible, please be in touch and we will find a solution together.
- The Level 3 takes 3-4 hours/ week for 8 weeks to complete.
- There are two required assessments (Units 7 and 8).
- Unit 7 is a Live Topic Review and Observations. You will teach the cohort a short session and you will observe at least three others teaching also.
- Unit 8 is a Written Assessment. You will be asked to summarise key aspects of the course in a clearly-scaffolded and structured portfolio.
- Welcome Week
- Unit 1: Safeguarding for Tutors
- Unit 2: Relationship Matters
- Unit 3: The Learning Loop (a responsive planning tool)
- Unit 4: Barriers for Learning: Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and Mental Health
- Unit 5: Powerful Feedback
- Unit 6: Live Topic Review and Observations
- Unit 7: Written Assessment
- Post Course Activities
This course is for you if:
- You are an experienced tutor with professional curiosity
- You are a new tutor who needs to understand the foundations of tutoring
- You want to earn the Qualification and Quality Mark to differentiate your tutoring service
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact Julia Silver at firstname.lastname@example.org.