Melanie Brethour is an inspiration to us all. As the mother of a child recently diagnosed with dyslexia, she took the bravest step possible: to set up for helping others.
Decoding Dyslexia Quebec was that next step.
The group (a Facebook group for the moment, but on the brink of expansion) helps hundreds of parents (and students) understand what dyslexia means for them and learn more about their or their child’s newly-ordained superpower.
In what is Melanie’s first podcast appearance, she combines a deep understanding of the literature behind dyslexia (find out more below) with the heartwarming story behind her own story – it’s moving and informative in equal measure.
- Head to Decoding Dyslexia Quebec at facebook.com/decodingdyslexiaquebec
- Read about the pioneering methodology behind the Orton-Gillingham Approach
- Watch the life-changing video, Seeing Dyslexia Differently
- Grab a copy of the two seminal books on dyslexia: The Dyslexic Advantage and Overcoming Dyslexia
- Join The Qualified Tutor Podcast Group in the Qualified Tutor Community and meet fellow listeners like you!
- ️⭐️ Enjoy the podcast? Give us a 5-star review!
- Visit speakpipe.com/QualifiedTutorPodcast to have your voice heard by posing your thoughts and questions to Melanie
“I just want change. You do better when you know better, and there’s a long way to go“