Shola Alabi is a force of nature. A founder, an author, a speaker, a coach, a tutor and a mother, Shola has experience to rival any in the tutoring industry.
So, what could we discuss in the 30 minutes we had with Shola?
Well, as it turns out, the lot.
From Shola’s mission, and challenge to all tutors, to how tutors can understand their student better to the top tips that Shola has for owners of small tutoring businesses, we covered a great deal – and it’s all waiting for you inside …
And thank you to Nudge Education for sponsoring this episode and for partnering as Lead Sponsors of the Love Tutoring Festival 2, taking place from Monday 24th – Friday 28th January 2022.
- Check out Parent Box: a tool created to equip parents with the skills and insights they need to successfully guide their child through all the key stages of their academic journey
- Order Parents, Understand your Child and/or Parents, Choose the Right School for your Child: Shola’s two incredible resources for parents
- Donate to The Uniform Project through Shola at gofundme.com/f/ujpdr-the-uniform-project.
- Don’t forget to review the show at ratethispodcast.com/qualifiedtutorpodcast
- Join The Qualified Tutor Podcast Group in the Qualified Tutor Community and meet fellow listeners like you!
- Leave a short piece of audio feedback on any part of our show on SpeakPipe at speakpipe.com/QualifiedTutorPodcast
“A good tutor will go beyond just showing up on a weekly basis … they will really get to know the student: their background, their cultural heritage and so on“