The story of how one educator and founder developed and built a tutoring platform that has the tutor-student relationship right at its core. This is The Tutor Index and Jason Preece.
With over 12 years in tutoring and as a music teacher, with a DPhil in Music Composition from the University of Oxford (alongside his role as Teaching Assistant there), Jason is currently Assistant Director of Music at a school in Oxford.
Alongside his business partner, Chris Nicholson, Jason founded The Tutor Index last spring, focusing on creating a perfect match between tutors and student.
For some (many, even) of you looking to set up your own tutoring business or platform, this is a wonderful conversation of how to go from one-(wo)man band to small tutoring business.
- Check out Jason (and Chris’) mission, and sign up as a tutor, at thetutorindex.com
- Connect with Jason on LinkedIn
- Join the newly launched and incredibly exciting LTC Connect: a packed calendar of events & content across our 6 Hubs: English, Maths, Science, Wellbeing, SEND and Business. Just £7.50 per month for access to all the content in all 6 Hubs
- ️⭐️ Enjoy the podcast? Give us a 5-star review!
- Visit speakpipe.com/QualifiedTutorPodcast to have your voice heard by posing your thoughts and questions to Jason
“We aim to make that contact between tutor and student as frictionless and as easy as we possibly, possibly can“