We’re into a new stage of our podcast. It’s episode #101. And we’re joined by change-maker and schools expert, Laura McInerney, to chat teaching, tutoring, magic wands and schools.
Laura, alongside Professor Becky Allen, founded TeacherTapp in 2017 as a culmination of a lifetime of interest in gathering information and delivering it to those who need it in as accessible a format as possible.
The app collects data from over 7,500 teachers in the UK every day, in an average of just 50 seconds, through a set of 3 short questions about teaching, education and the school environment.
We started with two main questions:
- What do teachers want right now?
- What do teachers need right now?
and if you’re involved in education, those are two of the most important questions you need to hear today.
- Check out teachertapp.co.uk and tell one teacher you know about the app
- Read Laura’s 2014 article in The Guardian about her battle against the Department for Education around school secrecy
- Pick up a copy of Laura’s 2019 book The Leadership Factor: The 7 Characteristics of Exceptional Leaders
- Join The Qualified Tutor Podcast Group in the Qualified Tutor Community and meet fellow listeners like you!
- ️⭐️ Enjoy the podcast? Give us a 5-star review!
- Visit speakpipe.com/QualifiedTutorPodcast to have your voice heard by answering the questions we asked Laura this week, and to ask her any questions you may have about tutoring, teaching, schools, window blinds or otherwise …