A lexicographer, a tutor, a primary teacher, a SEND specialist, a dyslexia assessor and now a company founder. Sandra Pyne has a long and distinguished educational background – and now Jigsaw Phonics is taking things to the next level.
Jigsaw Phonics is the development of years of experience and expertise in the field of phonics and literacy. Working and living out of her camper van (currently located outside Berlin, but off to Andalusia later this summer), Sandra has strived to ensure tutors and teachers are solid in their understanding of how to teach phonics, as well as how to successfully run a small business.
This 35-minute conversation all of this and more, including a really thorough discussion of the benefits of pre-prepared lessons and whether small group tuition can be effective for teaching phonics and literacy – both hugely important topics in the current tutoring market.
A conversation with a dedicated listener of this podcast, to the dedicated listeners of this podcast.
- Check out Jigsaw Phonics Tutoring and their mission
- Or email Sandra directly at email@example.com
- Find them (and Sandra) on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Join The Qualified Tutor Podcast Group in the Qualified Tutor Community and meet fellow listeners like you!
- ️⭐️ Enjoy the podcast? Give us a 5-star review!
- Visit speakpipe.com/QualifiedTutorPodcast to have your voice heard by posing your thoughts and questions to Sandra
“The assumption [with phonics] has been, just because we can speak and talk, the reading, writing and spelling should be just as easy … and that’s really not the case“