Gavin McCormack is an educator and change-maker recognised around the world. From the schools he’s built in Nepal to the thousands of children he’s read to on Zoom this year.
“We need to reach a point where skills are not taught, but experienced, in our classrooms” – this is Gavin’s vision for education. We asked Gavin towards the end of the conversation what success would look like for education in 2030 … don’t miss his response. It’s likely the most important thing you’ll hear today.
If you’re an ambitious and empathetic educator, Gavin will speak to you in a new and challenging way. A TEDxSydney speaker, one of the top 10 most influential global educators and nominated for Australian of the year in 2018, Gavin has quite a track record. Learn a little from him today.
- Gavin’s own site: gavinmccormack.com.au
- The World Empathy Week sign-up link (for teachers around the world)
- Gavin’s famous blog piece, 8 Ways to Help Your Child Flourish at School (and Life)
- Gavin’s TEDx talk, How Education Can Save the World
- The Qualified Tutor Podcast Group in the Qualified Tutor Community: meet fellow listeners like you!
“Change in education starts with our leadership – we have to trust our teachers to teach“