Fiona Mills is a pretty unique tutor. Unique because she’s also a practising, qualified lawyer. This allows Fiona to deliver her passion project: legal and life skills for children.
Fiona has been a tutor for over 15 years, helping students with their reading and writing skills, alongside her legal studies and career. In 2015, Fiona qualified as a solicitor here in the UK and has since gone onto work at firms based in Singapore and in Australia.
Much to the UK’s benefit(!), Fiona is now back working in-house at British media company, Global, and just recently was made Senior Legal Counsel which is hugely exciting and extremely impressive.
Amongst it all, Fiona has run Mills Tutoring and recently launched Little Lawyers: an exciting new project, both for Fiona and for the tutoring industry as a whole: teaching students (and adults) the importance of legal skills and exposing them to the kind of life skills that people are usually only afforded post-university or post-apprenticeship.
Listen in and find out how you can improve legal and life skills education for students.
- Check out Little Lawyers by visiting Fiona’s LinkedIn page at linkedin.com/in/fionamillslawyertutor
- Have a listen to Fiona’s other podcast appearance on the TandTeaching podcast at mooreedu.co.uk/tandteaching
- Join The Qualified Tutor Podcast Group in the Qualified Tutor Community and meet fellow listeners like you!
- ️⭐️ Enjoy the podcast? Give us a 5-star review!
- Visit speakpipe.com/QualifiedTutorPodcast to have your voice heard by posing your thoughts and questions to Fiona
“What I hope Little Lawyers can achieve is to give children a different perspective on English, particularly for those who don’t enjoy reading or writing a lot“