“Marketing is so nebulous … that’s why we’ve put handlebars on it with the Get Different philosophy” – the words of someone who truly understands the M-word.
Justin Wise is a marketing expert who does things a little differently.
Alongside Mike Michalowicz (‘The Author Guy’), Justin (‘The Business Guy’) set up The Different Company to show small business leaders that marketing is not some inaccessible discipline limited to big advertising agencies and expensive consultants.
Marketing is everything we do. And yet most people treat it with great suspicion and fear – allow Justin to lead you out of this attitude.
And thank you to The Profs for sponsoring this episode and for partnering as sponsors of Day 2, The Business of Tutoring, at the Love Tutoring Festival 2, taking place on Tuesday 25th January 2022.
- Check out Justin’s own site at justinwise.net
- Go grab a free Get Different kit at differentcompany.co and join The Accelerator programme
- Have a listen to Justin’s own podcast, Experimental with Justin Wise, at anchor.fm/thinkdigital
- Join The Qualified Tutor Podcast Group in the Qualified Tutor Community and meet fellow listeners like you!
- ️⭐️ Enjoy the podcast? Give us a 5-star review!
- Leave your responses to next week’s questions (below) with Carolyn Adagala on SpeakPipe at speakpipe.com/QualifiedTutorPodcast and we’ll play the best responses at the end of the episode:
• How does Imposter Syndrome business people?
• Why do so many female students drop out of STEM subjects post-16?
“Where people get stuck is believing that just providing a better product or service will grow their business“