Explaining tricky concepts in simple terms is no easy task, particularly for an educator. Bradley Busch has made it his mission to do just that … for educators.
Bradley and his business partner, Edward Watson, set up Inner Drive to give practitioners the best chance possible to understand concepts such as metacognition, self-regulation, the use of questions in learning, retrieval practice, interleaving and more.
Here, Bradley walks us through the research behind these areas, sprinkled with more than a dusting of pedagogical backing and first-hand experience from 20+ years in the world of psychology and learning.
Coupled with this month’s theme in the Love Tutoring Community, of Metacognition and Self-Regulation, this conversation is a brilliant combination of broader understanding and in-depth analysis, delivered by a master communicator.
- Check out Bradley (and Edward’s) mission at innerdrive.co.uk, in particular their hugely informative blog page at blog.innerdrive.co.uk
- Grab a copy of Bradley and Edward’s book, The Science of Learning
- Catch Bradley’s 2019 TEDx talk
- Book your ticket to The Teaching & Learning Summit on Saturday 11 February 2023
- Join The Qualified Tutor Podcast Group in the Love Tutoring Community and meet fellow listeners like you!
- ️⭐️ Enjoy the podcast? Give us a 5-star review!
- Visit speakpipe.com/QualifiedTutorPodcast to have your voice heard by posing your thoughts and questions to Bradley
“What I’ve learnt from working with Olympic and Paralympic athletes and Premier League footballers is that the ones who made the most progress were the ones who were better learners“